Iron Boost (24mg) - 30 Veg Capsules
- Short Description:
- Provides well absorbed, pure Carbonyl iron with cofactors Vitamin B12, Folic acid and Vitamin C
Clinicians Iron Boost provides a well absorbed, non-constipating high dose form of iron with important co-factors to enhance iron absorption and utilization in the body. Iron is an important mineral with many functions in the body including the production of red blood cells. Iron deficiency is common in vegetarians, menstruating women, pregnancy, infants and the elderly.
Adults and Children over 4 years: 1 Capsule daily with food.
For younger children: mix capsule contents with orange juice.
Note: Iron levels should always be tested before commencing iron supplementation.
- Contains Carbonyl Iron which is 100% pure, high strength bioavailable iron to support healthy iron levels.
- Carbonyl Iron is far less toxic than other forms of iron such as soluble salts. The metallic taste is also minimal compared to other forms of iron making it palatable when it is necessary to open capsules for individuals who have difficulty swallowing supplements.
- Carbonyl iron is gentle on the gastrointestinal tract and unlike other forms of iron is associated with fewer side effects such as constipation.
- Contains iron with co-factors to increase iron absorption and function in the body.
- Contains vitamin C, which has been shown to assist with Iron absorption.
Dosing above the tolerable upper intake level (40-45mg per day) is not advised in people who are not iron deficient.
In people with known iron deficiency, dosing should be under the guidance of a healthcare professional and monitored with laboratory assessment of iron status.
Long term supplementation with high doses of iron can cause haemosiderosis and multiple organ damage.
Individuals with haemochromatosis should avoid taking iron supplements unless advised by their health care practitioner.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Clinicians Iron Boost is well tolerated and is suitable to restore and maintaining iron stores during these times.
Dosing above the recommended one capsule daily should be done under health professional supervision
Each vegetable capsule contains: Ingredients Strength Unit, Carbonyl Iron (elemental iron 24mg) 24 mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 50 mg, Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg, Folic Acid 300 mcg, Also Contains: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide. No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.