Zinc Oral Drops (5mg/5drops) 30ML - 30ml
- Short Description:
- Provides variable dosing of zinc drops for antioxidant and immune support for all the family
Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops is a high potency, well tolerated liquid form of Zinc for cost effective flexible dosing for all age groups. Zinc is an important trace mineral essential for healthy hormone production, immune function, skin health and growth and repair.
Mix with water or juice.
Adults: up to 11-15 drops per day.
Children and adolescents (9-18 years): up to 8-15 drops per day.
Children (4-8 years): up to 5-12 drops per day.
Children (1-3 years): up to 3-7 drops per day.
(NB: highest daily dose reflects safe tolerable upper level for each age or the maximum permissible over-the-counter dose in New Zealand (15mg)).
- Zinc is an important trace mineral for all New Zealanders due to soil depletions.
- Zinc is an essential trace mineral and is a component in over 200 known enzymes in the body.
- Zinc is a powerful antioxidant and helps protect against free radical damage.
- Zinc supports the body with wound healing, sensory function, sexual function and skin health.
- Supports healthy immune system function during susceptible times.
- Zinc is essential for the proper action of hormones such as insulin, growth hormones and the sex hormones in both males and females.
Age Dietary Reference Intakes (recommended daily intake):
Children 1-3 years 3mg.
Children 4-8 years 5mg
Children 9-13 years 8mg
Males 14-18 years 11mg
Males 19 years + 11mg
Females 14-18 years 9mg
Females 19 years + 8mg
Pregnancy 14-18 years 12mg
Pregnancy 19 years + 11mg
Lactation 14-18 years 13mg
Lactation 19 years + 12mg
Zinc competes with copper for absorption. Other minerals (most notably calcium and iron) can adversely affect zinc absorption if supplemented at high doses. If you are taking high doses of other individual minerals defer zinc supplementation to a different time of day.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops is well tolerated and considered suitable to use during these times, use under health professional supervision to ensure appropriate dosing.
Active Ingredient in 1 drop: Ingredients Strength Unit, Zinc (from zinc sulfate) 1 mg. Also Contains: purified water, citric acid, sodium citrate and potassium sorbate. No added: gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.